Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cravings

"Cause I want it now
I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul"

--Muse - Hysteria

What is a craving?  Can you crave something you've never had?  Can you crave an idea, an ideal?

Why.. at 1am do I suddenly want a turkey wrap like I used to get from the college dining halls??

Mad shout out to Ro*Tiki and the monkey.

My theory is that we all operate on two levels.  The conscious and intellectual, and the subconscious emotional. 

Cravings are a vehicle to achieve nostalgia.  The nostalgic feeling reminds us of good times in the past, they bring comfort. 

I think as the conscious represses the desires of the subconscious, a force bottles up until it can no longer be contained.  That force .. is a craving. 

When you feel your faith erode.

No comments:

Post a Comment